Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Because of Carter's Muscular Dystrophy we have a nightly ritual of 
stretching his body. 
One of the horrible parts of this disease is how 
over time it will tighten some of his main tendons. 
Within the last year his Achilles tendons have tightened so much more than we 
expected and as a result he walks/runs mostly on his toes.
At night he wears braces that stretch his feet while he's sleeping, he has physical
therapy at school 3 times a week, and I personally sit down and stretch him as often
as I can.. 
Tonight as Dan and I were putting the braces on his feet he had a melt down!
"Mom, my arms are tightening too..."
"I know Carter"
With tears streaming down both of our cheeks I explained that I know Our Heavenly Father 
has big plans for him even with his physical limitations. 
We talked about the Atonement of Christ, and 
that one day he will also be resurrected to a PERFECT body!

I love the candy, bright colors, new Sunday clothes, and sunshine that Easter brings
but...words can't begin to describe the Love I have for my Savior! 
The SPIRIT I felt in Carter's room tonight as Dan gave him a blessing confirmed  
His Grace Is Sufficient! 

3 comments:

Laci said...

Tears. Your family is beautiful and Carter is blessed to have you two as parents. He's amazing...in every way. So glad we have the knowledge of truth in our lives. xoxo

Kaycee said...

Wow, Autumn. Your family is amazing and inspiring! I see little Carter walking home every day after school as I go to pick up my kids and he is always smiling and bouncing. Heavenly Father does have BIG plans for that boy! :)

MegHaNE said...

Your kids are adorable!!!