Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super Saver :)

Last year Kennedy asked for a $230 electric motor scooter for birthday.
Even if I could have afforded it I wouldn't have bought it..
I am a firm believer in letting my children understand and
feel the accomplishments in earning things.
Instead we gave her some money and told her if she
really wanted the motor scooter she would have to save.
It almost took a year but she did it...

Kenners saved her weekly earned allowance of $4 dollars and
babysat to earn every last penny of the $230 it took to
buy her cute pink scooter!
She is so excited! 
and Dan and I are so proud of her determination!
( Don't worry the helmet is also a must, just not "cool" for pictures.)

4 comments:

Diane said...

That is awesome! (And a lot of money... way to go Kennedy!!) I would have LOVED something like that when I was younger. Hello? Legalized motor transportation when you can't yet legally drive a car? She will be the coolest girl on the block this summer for sure!!

The Hodges said...

Your the best babe! Very cute wheels! I am proud of you Kenners!
Love,
Auntie Twice

Kaycee said...

That is very impressive. I don't think I can remember the last time I had the discipline to save that much money for something I wanted. What a girl you guys are raising!! Well done!

Jason and Michele said...

Holy Cow! Will you ask her if she'll give my 14 year old some lessons on saving her money please? I'm pretty sure she's earned WELL over $300 in just the last 6 months and after tithing, she's got NOTHING to show for it but a bunch of lip glosses, purses and press on nails. LOL GO KENNEDY!