thinking back it seems
like yesterday I was shocked
by your beauty for the first time...
and yet I can hardly remember
back far enough to my days without you.
There are some days being your Mommy
feels like the greatest job on earth, and
there are also moments I pray nap time
to come a little quicker.
You wake up every morning humming
a sweet tune...
with your big pink binky in your mouth,
(cause pink is your favorite color!)
The reason I know your favorite color
already is because you make it very clear
when we (you) pick out your clothes every
morning.
You often request licorice (ricorice) for
breakfast... and on the mornings when
I'm not up for the "what's good for you chat"
I give in...
You love to dance with your "sissy" and
chase your "brodder" around the house...
but you never hesitate to put them in their
place. "pop (stop) brodder, go way"
Being the youngest of 3 in my family,
I know we share the same determination.
I see it in the sassy way you walk when
you don't get something your way.
I know you are only 2 but somedays I swear
there's a 16 year old in that little body of yours...
I'm certain you will grow up too fast...
Just promise me you will keep giving me
those hugs that make me feel like the
best Mommy in the world...
because I LIVE for them!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tinker Tot!!
4 comments:
Love It!!! your an amazing MOM:)
love ya your sis
Wow - these words are beautiful! Autumn, I never knew you wrote poetry, Ronda
She really is one of the cutest, sassiest, happiest, funniest little girls ever. Beautiful two year old!!! Happy Birthday to you Addison!
I love that little lady!! Give her a big kiss from her Auntie! Your poem is very sweet.
Love Ya!
Post a Comment