Carter...
I took a deep breath on your birthday, "six already!" While I busily hustled around all day you were constantly on my mind. I thought of all the ways you have grown in the past year and all the obstacles you have tackled. You handled Kindergarten with far more grace than I expected. I must admit I was nervous when you met your teacher for the first time and you told her to "stop talking." You are my most honest and verbal child. You are the first one to tell me how beautiful my eyelashes are and also the first one to tell me I have WAY TOO many polka dots! (freckles) You're not at all shy in with the fact that you love the ladies. In fact part of your routine after I comb your hair is to use your Dads mouth wash and a precise amount of his cologne. I smile every time and remind myself you have two sisters and an amazing Dad that will help me teach you how to be a gentleman!
A couple of months ago our suspicions were confirmed and we were told that you have Emery Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy... This disease is going to make certain aspects of your life more challenging. When I was pregnant with you I knew it was a possibility I could be a carrier of muscular dystrophy and yet I had this constant feeling that you were given a choice before you came to this earth. I can promise you I will be your biggest encourager when you get discouraged with the limitations your body will face. Thank you for continually reminding me what this life is all about and keeping me focused on the more important things!
Love, Mom
6 comments:
Carter is the kind of person that will not let anything hold him back. And what a lucky boy to have a mom like you. Love you girl!
Happy Birthday Carter man!! Hope you had a great day and were spoiled rotten just like you should be!! You are one reason I am excited to have a boy.....such a little stud with dimples to die for! Your family is lucky to have you!!!
Carter, I want you to know that your weaknesses will become your strengths, and I see that already - your sense of humor, your honesty, your love for your sisters, your respect for your mom and dad. You may not be a football player (not that I was ever voting for that), but you can be the one who owns football players, or at least makes them laugh. I love you - Gma Buckaroo!
Life is a choice. You can either suffer in self pity and be miserable or choose to be happy and thankful for what you have. Find happiness in the knowledge of the resurrection and know that the strength you will receive in your mind will only make you a bigger stronger man once we are restored to our full glory in heaven!
Love your Uncle Jared
Heartbreaking and inspiring! What a blessing it is for Carter to have you and Dan as parents. As I'm sure you feel it is such a blessing to have him! I just love your cute little family!!
I'm so sorry to hear about Carter. He is lucky to have you as a mom... I know how strong you are! I can't believe he's 6! Super cute.
Post a Comment