So yesterday it was confirmed that Dan's employer Western Quality Foods will be laying off about 80 of their 110 employees due to a contract pulled by Nestle. We're pretty sure Dan will be one of the unfortunate 80. We both immediately started to feel that yucky ache in our stomachs, which got worse as I let my mind go nuts with all the scary details of having our main income source and insurance gone. As the day when on I must admit I let that fear turn me into quite the scary monster. But as I did my usual routine with our kids, said prayers and tucked each of them into bed, gratitude for all my blessings hit me with a flood of emotion. I have 3 amazing children, and a husband who are all healthy! What more could I ask for. With all the trials others are facing right now some how a job loss doesn't seem so bad. In fact I feel pretty selfish for the little pity party I started throwing for myself.
Dan still has his amazing sense of humor, and he's almost got me convinced a lemonade stand in the summer will be a huge money maker. If that fails he says DI needs a handy man in the bike department. Whatever it may be I'm certain we will be okay!
4 comments:
Oh, Autumn! I wish I could say that I didn't know how you felt but unfortunately, I do. When Jason got laid off, I went through the same emotions you are. Anger, fear, gratitude, the whole bit. Let's just keep our positive attitudes and both of our families will get through this dumb economy crisis. Good luck! We're praying for you!
Isn't it crazy how the economy has turned!!! I am sure with the perspective that you have all will work out! The best thing is that the Lord is bound by his promises, and if you are doing your part (and it sounds like you are!) he will totally take care of you. Good luck!
What a scary feeling. But you know what? Everything will work out. You will be taken care of. You guys will be in my prayers. Love you!
I love you guys! The last part is totally making me laugh! I'm sorry Dan lost his job. When a door closes a window always opens. Things will work out. xoxoxo
Post a Comment