Friday, November 7, 2008

I'd like to say that as a Mom I can pretty much handle anything, however one thing that sends me into irrational mommy land is when something happens to Carter's head. I'm convinced God is testing me because it has happened a lot lately. Just over a month ago he was pushed down some stairs by a little handicapped boy at school and just today I came home from grocery shopping and Dan met me outside before I could come in. "Autumn, every things okay, Carter fell down outside and hit his head on the cement, but he's okay." He tries to break it to me gently, but instantly I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm telling you this little guy is going to teach me some serious faith whether I like it or not.

These next two pictures are from today. When I came in the house
Carter calmly said "Mommy, I'm okay, just don't cry okay Mom"
This is the beginning of Carter's head trauma at 7 1/2 months old.
I truly believe that God knew he would need a stronger head for his life ahead.
Maybe someday He'll bless me to be a little stronger to handle it all.

7 comments:

Tina said...

It's a good thing he is tough. That looks like it hurts! He also has a tough mommy, you guys have been through a lot with him!

Laci said...

Trying to hold back the tears.....really, you have been through it with that head of his. You are a tough mama though, and yes one that must be filled with so much faith too! Hugs! And, let's just find him a really cool helmet! :)

MotherBeck said...

I swear boys' heads attract the ground! Especially cement! I'm glad he's ok, and you too!

The Acosta's said...

I'm so sorry! You guys have definitely been through it with little mans head!! That bump looks like it hurts, little man! Seeing you holding Carter at 7 1/2 months old with all of those tubes and bandages makes me strive to be as strong as you! Autumn you are a wonderful mommy, and Dan you are a wonderful Daddy!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch - for all of you! Remember the adage, "It hurts me more than it hurts you"? This is an example of that! Love you, Ronda

The Hodges said...

I remember seeing Cater in the hospital like it was yesterday. I'm sorry he bumped his head. Carter is such an amazing handsome boy. Auntie loves him sooooo much and I am grateful Sammy has such a sweet cousin!

Anonymous said...

He does look like a tough little guy! I had no idea you went through any of that with your little boy! So hard I'm sure!!! He is adorable!

Your fam is adorable...I'm glad I checked-in it looks like you had a great Halloween and trip to Mexico...fun!