HoRMoneS SUCK!
So anyway Carter has been wanting to try this boys hip/hop class at the same place where Kennedy takes classes. Today was the free trial for the class to see if it was his "thing." We walked in and I stayed to observe through the one way window. First the teacher had them stretch a bit. Easy right? Then she had them jump up and down. Still okay... The next move was just a jumping jack. Carter looked at the other kids hopping with no problem, tried it once and bolted for the door. It's true because of the muscular dystrophy my 6 year old can't do a jumping jack. As I held him all I could hear through his tears is "I can't do it!" My heart sank.On the way home I gave him the ultimate Mommy pep talk and told him all of the amazing talents I know his Heavenly Father blessed him with. All the while I'm thinking "Autumn, just hold it together until you get home" As I turned the corner to my street I see them. Those stupid RED and BLUE lights in my rear view mirror. To say I lost it is an understatement! By the time the officer got to my window I was in the ugliest uncontrollable cry ever. Better yet I was in Dan's truck and had no idea where the paper work I needed was. Through my tears I tried to explain in simple terms I was having a bad day, but I knew only a woman could truly understand my out of control emotions. How could I tell him all I needed was some chocolate and a whole lot of FAITH? He precedes to tell me I didn't yield at a stop sign before I turned. "Of course I didn't yield" all I was thinking about was getting my little boy home so I could take a few minutes to fall apart. All he could say as he handed me my $90 ticket is "I have to do my job, even when people are having bad days" I didn't even look in his direction, because by now I had tears and snot everywhere. And all I could think as I pulled into my driveway was "I would hate his job!" I could never see someone in my situation and not want to ease their pain. It was obvious I wasn't just crying a bit to get out of a ticket.
Unfortunately for Officer D. Griffiths this is a small town and it will only be a matter of time before we cross paths again. Hopefully I'm in the position were I can show him a thing or two about Mercy. Because EVERYONE has those days!
6 comments:
That is so hard!!! Being a parent is the most amazing, overwhelming, painful, and fulfilling job! Sometimes I think God lets us hurt for our kids so that we can understand how he hurts for us. I hope today is better!
I have tears in my eyes just reading that! I hope your day got better. I wish I could have been there to give you a great big hug and swat on the bum. Love you girl!
Oh my gosh Autmn, I cried just reading about little Carter. I'm so sorry that this a trial you will have to face in this life but think how blessed you'll all be in heaven. Especially Carter! As far as officer D. Griffiths goes....I will make SURE to tell Mr. Destry your story so he can know that we women don't fake those tears!!! He's Jason's cousin. lol
I hope your day was better today!!!
Jason and I have the utmost respect for you and Dan. I hope you know that!
Autumn, you amaze me. You and your family have gone through some of the most intense trials...and you all just keep smiling!
As I sit and look at my two boys, I can't imagine what I would do in your situation. You're an inspiration...really, you are! I hope that if I'm ever faced with health related trials and my children that I can be as brave as you have been. PS...we should do lunch sometime!
Autumn, next time, call me. Sometimes the "hidden" differences are the hardest for us to deal with - hard to excuse what our children can and can't do, because, to some degree, "we" want them to have no limitations. Now - that's me, speaking from experience, a mother of 2 children whose differences are not visible, but certainly noticeable. Build a circle of friends and family, for yourself and your family, who can lift you and support you on days like this - because even if there's not a cop, there may be someone else. And I'm here for you.
I'm so sorry about your super bad day. I also got teary reading this post. But you are a better woman than I am. I would have come home secretly plotting my revenge (that I would never carry out, but I'd think about it anyway).
Post a Comment