recent medical experiences my family has been
through lately we should be safe for a while...
RIGHT?
This morning as I'm waking Kennedy up to start our
morning rituals I hear the loudest knock ever at my
back door.
Something inside me said "stay calm."
I opened the door to see my Dad standing there with a
fist full of blood, dripping onto my porch.
He calmly states
"I've cut my finger real bad, I need to go to insta-care"
I listened to the voice I had just heard in my head
and replied with "how bad is it"
"All the way through the bone!" were the words
I heard that sent me flying off to gather my
little ones in 10 seconds and be off to the ER.
Right now as I type he is waiting to go into
surgery to get his right pointer finger reattached.
***
My Dad is the most amazing wood craftsman.
He's made a lot of furniture for my house, but
most recently he has become obsessed with making
the wooden vases in the picture above.
I don't know why he's favorite hobbies have
to involve sharp blades and fast bicycles!
Unfortunately I know this won't slow him down a bit.
I am incredibly grateful for FAMILIES and the knowledge
of my HEAVENLY FATHERS love for me!
Without either of these life would be unbearable.
4 comments:
Autumn, Your dad and my dad should get together and share "war" stories! My dad certainly has had his share of woodworking accidents and near-misses! How did things turn out?
OK really you guys should be good with the medical issues for a long time now! i hope that you guys stay accident free for a long time!
but your dads vases are amazing! i love them! your lucky to have such a creative dad! hope that he heals fast! :)
Totally impressive craftsmanship! I had no idea your Pops did this- so it's kinda well worth it in my opinion! Holy smokes- tell him I said so!
Autumn I can't believe your dad and his poor fingers! Haven't they had enough? He has a very wonderful wood working talent but maybe he needs to stay away from sharp objects! Those vases are beautiful though. How are your parents. I miss seeing the old neighbors. How time changes things. Hope you are doing wonderful.
Post a Comment