Friday, August 8, 2008

Profound Wisdom

Today at work I had the privilege to take back an older gentleman. And when I say old I mean he was born in 1903, yes that makes him 105! I'm guessing he stood about 5'2" with a small curve to his back. He used a cane for support but had a admirable swing in his step. I was mesmerised by him and so out of curiosity I asked "so what's your secret to living 105 years?" In my head I'm thinking he is going to tell me some crazy ingredient he adds to oatmeal, but without pause he simply states "FAMILY and LOVE." He then goes on to tell me he has 5 children and they all fight over who gets to take care of him. Now let me add that his children are no spring chickens! His oldest is 85! (I don't know about you, but none of my grandparents lived much into their 80's and they could barely take care of themselves at that age.) Within our few minutes of interaction I quickly could see why they would fight over him. He is full of more life than most people I know and he seemed excited to still be here.

I smile every time I think of his simple yet Profound Wisdom!
FAMILY & LOVE

4 comments:

Laci said...

Thanks for sharing Autumn. What a special day for you. And to think you weren't even supposed to work today ;) I love generations ahead, they really do have amazing wisdom.

Tina said...

I knew there was a reason I called you to work! Just kidding - but, isn't that guy AMAZING!!

The Acosta's said...

Is he not the cutest little old man! I know who you are talking about. When I saw the age I thought I put his info in wrong. He is such a nice man, and so is his son.

The Hodges said...

Hey Sis,
Thank you for sharing that. Those are that most important things. Thanks for being you sweet, aware, and amazing.